Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's My Birthday!

Yes! I am one year older. Survived another trip around the sun.
The day started well. Lon made me coffee. He put the k-cup in and pushed the flashing button. I love that he knows how to make Mommy coffee now.
Why, yes, that was a belgian waffle maker in the above photo!  I made belgian waffles for us for breakfast. I did not get any fresh strawberries, so we settled for strawberry syrup and whipped cream. I am of the firm belief that calories do not count on your birthday!
Lon and I went to his swim lessons, it was the last bit of sunshine for the day.  Lon did well in his class.
After lessons, I asked Lon what fabric store he wanted to go to. We needed to pick up something special (I can not mention it yet, but soon). He wanted to go to the fabric store with the Cold Stone near it. You got it buddy! Cold Stone it is!  He got the chocolate with chocolate chips, and sprinkles.  Sprinkles still rule
I did get a treat, just not at Cold Stone. I went down the street to the French Bakery. And this is what I brought home. A chocolate almond croissant, an almond croissant, a napoleon, a fruit tart and a brownie. And Lon wanted each of us to have a limonata. I was not against that.  All those treats are not just for me. I got some for dessert for all of us. The croissants, those are all mine.
Uncle Dan stopped by for a very nice visit. It was good to see him!  Before Uncle Dan got there, we heard the ice cream truck and got there just in time!  Lon got a fudge bar, and this time I got a strawberry shortcake bar. Again, remember, calories are non existent for the full 24 hours of your special day!
Even though we have some wonderful leftovers from the party yesterday I did not want to cook. So we went out. I wanted to go to the Mediterranean Kitchen, but Lon was not thrilled with that idea. The idea of of me having a nice dinner with Lon pouting was out, so I went with my second choice, La Corona Mexican.  Mark and I tried new things, Lon stuck with the quesdilla.  I had Camerons Mexicana, shrimp with mushrooms, green pepper, and onion. It was very good. Mark tried fish tacos.  He inhaled those tacos! They must have been good.
Waiting for dinner.  Tic Tac Toe and Hang Man.
Lon told the waitress that it was my birthday and magically this lovely fried ice cream appeared at the table.  We could not finish it all, we gave it a good try, but no.  Since we had dessert at the restaurant we saved the pastries for tomorrow. 
When we got home, this beautiful bouquet was waiting on the front porch! How nice is this?  It was from my wonderful sister! Thanks KK! 
We spent the rest of the evening watching UP! With popcorn and cuddles. It was a wonderful birthday!

No comments: