Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pools and Peonies

We brought a pool home from California. When it got hot, we were going to use it. But it was not in shape to use, Lon and I got a new one! It was just a touch bigger, perhaps a little too big for our space, but we are making it work! It is not all the way full of water yet!
From the lawn looking onto the patio pool. Lon was having lots of fun in the pool


Then he had to go on to the sand box!
While Lon was having fun in the sandbox, I went and looked at the Peonies. I put a bunch of them into a vase. These are Peony plants that were growing at my Great Grandmother's home in Pennsylvania. I brought them out here myself. They are so pretty and smell so very good.
I love that there are two colors. I like the look of them in the Westmoreland Milk Glass Vase!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW@ The flowers are so pretty. I am jealous. Now you need water lilies for the pool,

Love,
Mom

Jim said...

Whoa, that is a great pool! The flowers are beautiful, you must have a green thumb for them to have survived a cross-country trip.