Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2008

First 24 hours in Connecticut

On Thursday morning we left our lovely house in the care of a house sitter and we went to visit Grammalyn! Our flight into JFK was uneventful, they have games you can play with little players in the headrest of the seat in front of you. The trivia game, played for bragging rights, with other players on board. It was fun. Lon and Mark slept on and off. Our connection to Connecticut was late. An hour. I ran with Lon, I ran the umbrella stroller up and down and all around the airport near our gate. The Starbucks was closing as we got there and we had run out of milk. They do not supply milk on airplanes. The ladies at the Starbucks were wonderful and gave me a cup of whole milk for Lon! Lon was very happy. Once we were finally getting on board I heard one of the other gate attendants saw, can we get this guy on board he missed his flight to Providence and this will at least get him closer to his house. I looked to see who it was, an exhausted man in BDUs. We landed about 25 minutes later, Mark ran to get the car before the car rental counter closed. I saw the same guy looking exhausted and lost. I asked him where he was going, he told me the name of the town. It really meant nothing to me, I had no clue on where it was but I told him we would give him a ride. Heck, it could not be too far, this was Connecticut after all! Mark came back with the car and said no problem it was on our way! The man was a sailor on his way back home after 9 months in Afghanistan. I am glad we could get him to his front door.
We did not get in to our hotel till about 2am, so we slept in a little bit! In the morning we had a some breakfast, met up with Grammalyn and went to the Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut. According to Lon this is the very best place EVER.

The boat, inside.

The Mexican Restaurant

More on our developing story later...



I had Lon pose in front of this mural, because I have a photo of him last year in front of this same mural.






Playing with dinosaurs. Very fun.


I know some of this photos need edited, I will do that once I get home.



Friday was so nice we could play outside, something that did not happen last year! Lon is blowing bubbles!






Making music with Dad.









Bing Bong







Digging up Dino bones.

After we left the museum, we went to lunch at the Niantic Diner. Nice place. I had fried clams and the Gyro plate! Lon had some nibbles of his grilled cheese. Mark had more clams. It was a very nice lunch. During lunch, Uncle Jeffy joined us.

We went to McCooks after lunch. Played in the park for a while until Lon decided that the beach looked even better!





BEACH!




Sand is fun, but something is missing.



A stick, a stick will work!


Even though sticks are fun, I think we will look for something else tomorrow.

After we got some Ilianos pizza for dinner. Ilianos is my favorite pizza. Lon and Daddy went swimming. Mommy got into the pool for a few minutes too, but it was a really hot room, with a really cold pool. It was a good first day in Connecticut!

No comments: