Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I am slowly adding photos

I added a few photos. Next week look for all new posts of everything we did! It was alot! And a super fun time was had by all!


Tonight I had some time to post a new blog, with tons of pictures from PA, and CT. Even some more from Virginia. However I can not get my camera to download the photos onto my mother's computer! Rapidly becoming annoying.
Lon did VERY well on his drive up to Pittsburgh. I was very pleased. We took care of the family stuff we had to do. Lon got to meet his Cousin Joe, but we call him Uncle Joe. He is my Grandfather's nephew. I would have known he was somehow related to me, he has that wonderful Yetka face. I am glad we got to see him again. That was really special. We left Pittsburgh later than we had planned in the afternoon and made it as far as Hershey. Where we stopped for the night. The next morning we went to ChocolateWorld. Lon had a wonderful time. The place smelled like chocolate. Lon really did not want to go! However, on we went. We made it into Flanders, CT that evening. It was a really pretty drive. The fall leaves were all at Peak. So nice. Lots of drive by shots of leaves along the highway. Pictures will be inserted soon. We saw Grandma Carolyn and Uncle Eric. We also saw Godfather, Uncle Jeffy and Uncle Tek. We got to see Grandpa too! It was just family all over the place! Lon was so happy. He was the star of the show! We spent four nights up in CT. It was alot of fun. We went to Mystic Seaport. As I always knew I would, I LOVED it. I am even willing to go back and spend more time around the old boats. They have made it into a whaling village type setting. Very nice. In the summer they even have actors to tell what life was like way back when. The museum of figureheads was so incredible. They had this giant Scotsman, and sisters and some very formidable looking women. There were a couple of cat's heads there too. (catshead were to cap the large timbers, near the anchor, hence the term everyone has heard of catting the anchor) I never heard that one before either. Those are cool. I really liked them. Lon wants one. (sure, it is Lon who wants one, it doesn't light up or make noise)
Lon did great on the ride back to Fredericksburg. He is becoming the world class traveler! (insert even more photos)
These last couple blogs will be enhanced and photos added as soon as I can.
Monday we rested and did laundry. I am still amazed at how much laundry one baby can generate! Today we went to downtown Fredericksburg and we toured Mary Washington's home. The home that George bought for her in town when life on Ferry Farm was getting to be too much for one woman. The kids were all gone, and it was easier to live closer to her daughter Betty. (Kenmore) The house was very nice. We stopped at Carl's on the way home. They close for the winter in 25 more days! We will have to go again. No line today. It was 53 degrees when we stopped for soft serve ice cream. The ice cream did not melt as fast as it did this summer. Lon ate most of mine. We have some more fun things planned for the little bit of time we have left over on this coast. I should be able to get the blogs all caught up in a week or so.

No comments: